Gynaecology in the South East Hospital involves pregnant women following a safe and healthy procedure for delivering babies. While the Gynecology Department involves in the female reproductive system, treating a wide range of conditions, including sexually transmitted infections(STIs) and chronic pain.
South East Hospital offers comprehensive services for the reproductive health and gynecological needs of women. It has one of the highest workloads in the entire country and admission into the residency training program is highly coveted. Being a tertiary care center, patients are referred from all over with a fascinating array of obstetric and gynecological conditions.
- To provide a wide range of procedures like cesarean sections, instrumental delivery during childbirth, hysterectomy, removing growths, such as ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids, and surgery to repair pelvic organ injuries.
- To evaluate and manage recurrent miscarriages, screening, and management of preterm labor and PPROM, management of critically ill obstetric patients
- Handling complicated pregnancy issues like maternal disorders like hypertension and diabetes.
Transforming lives with ethical and holistic caregiving.
We believe that prime importance should be given to women’s health. We at South East Hospital have programs in both Gynaecology and Obstetrics for the prevention, early detection, and management of various disorders. The Hospital is equipped with the latest facilities backed by Gynaecologists and medical experts who are available round the clock, ensuring the health and well-being of both baby and mother.
- Pre-conceptional counseling.
- Routine Antenatal care.
- Parent craft classes are designed for mothers and fathers in preparing for the task ahead, both physically and psychologically.
- Emergency & Critical care backup for high-risk pregnancies like diabetes in pregnancy, Hypertension in pregnancy, and other medical disorders in pregnancy.
- 24×7 availability of gynaecologists and Anaesthetists for a painless natural delivery.
- Advanced Labor Room facilities.
- Special care for sick and premature babies.
- High-end Neonatal intensive care.
- Internationally accepted infection control protocols for patient care.
- Laparoscopic Surgery for conditions like – Uterine fibroid, ovarian cyst, Adenomyosis, Uterine prolapse, Ectopic pregnancy etc.
- Hysteroscopic procedures and surgeries.
- Treatment of genital cancers like those of uterus, cervix, vagina, vulva and ovaries is done in co-ordination between the trained Gynaecological Oncosurgeon, Medical Oncologists, Radiotherapists for optimal care during surgery and subsequent care and follow up.
- We also offer laparoscopic Radical hysterectomy.
- Counselling of couple keen for conception.
- Work up of couple.
- Diagnostic hystero-laparoscopy.
- Ovulation induction.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI).
Family Planning Services:
- We offer contraception in the following ways – Barrier, Hormonal contraceptives (oral and injectable), and Intrauterine devices ( Cu-T).
- Permanent sterilization in the form of Post-partum sterilization and laparoscopic tubal occlusion (LTO) and Male sterilization.
Well Women Clinic:
- We offer the following screening procedures for the early detection of various gynecological cancers.
- PAP Smear
- Liquid Based Cytology (LBC)
- We offer care and support to adolescents with gynaecological conditions like – Polycystic ovarian disease, premenstrual syndrome, heavy bleeding, irregular periods etc.
- Counseling and screening for all post-menopausal conditions
- Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Comprehensive Care for women with benign breast lumps, high risk breast conditions and Breast cancer.